Saturday, January 20, 2007

Dreamgirls and the Saints

Now I realize that these two things have nothing in common, but I just wanted to talk about them. First off, tonight I went and saw Dreamgirls. I've been wanting to see this movie for a while now, and tonight I finally got my chance. Oh my gosh...Jennifer Hudson has got an amazing voice. No wonder she won the Golden Globe award, and she better win the Oscar. It was such a good movie. I enjoyed it. It's probably the best movie I've seen in a while, so everyone go check it out. But before you do that, tomorrow (Sunday) at 2pm the New Orleans Saints will be playing the Chicago Bears for the NFC Championship and a trip to the Super Bowl. Now I'm not really a Saints fan, but what they've done this year is really amazing. They basically took a team made up of rookies and guys who played on different teams last year, and a rookie head coach and made an amazing team. They gave hope to pretty much a whole state, not just New Orleans. They're a talented group of guys who deserve to be in the position they are in. Everyone keeps saying how it's great for New Orleans and the city and everyone, but I say screw the city. (I have my own opinion about New Orleans, but I won't go there.) I think everyone should be telling these guys good job and congratulating them on their accomplishments. I think it's a great thing they are doing for themselves. I'm sure these guys weren't little kids saying "oh, I want to win a super bowl for the city I play for". No, they want to win a super bowl for themselves, so I say let them. Focus on the team, the football team, and stop bringing in the city and the people of New Orleans. They aren't doing the hard work. So I say good luck New Orleans Saints on a great season and good luck tomorrow. Do it for yourselves!
-Samantha

No comments:

Powered By Blogger