Thursday, January 05, 2006

Is A Little English Too Much To Ask?

So today I went to my beloved Panda Express. Chow mien noodles with mandarin chicken. So good. And on special days I get an egg roll. Today was going to be a special day. So I walk in to Panda expecting to hear broken English from cute little Chinese women who ask if I want sauce. That's what I was expecting, but that is not what I got. I got Mexican's speaking nothing but SPANISH!!!! Enough already. They acted like they didn't understand what I wanted. I'm sorry, but if you live in this country and work in this country then speak English. If I went to Mexico and didn't know Spanish they would laugh at me and some how cheat me out of all my money. All I'm trying to say is if you're going to work then speak English. If you just want to live then fine, but work is a different story. AGH! Is this really too much to ask?
-Samantha

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man, I hear you on that one. People come into my work and speak no english, what the crap is that all about. Atleast the chinese people come speaking a little english, but the mexicans..... NO! They are too good to learn english, or should I say too lazy!

MaryRuth said...

AMEN SISTER!!! AMEN!!!!!!!!!

P.S. love the Orange Chicken with noodles. Egg rolls are always good!!! Yummy!!!

Anonymous said...

Panda Express is a funny place... I've never once been there without hearing a ton of customers speaking Spanish. I hardly ever see Asian people there. If we're not careful, one day we're going to walk in, ask for an egg roll, and walk out with a taco.

Right now the ESL program is doing a crappy job teaching me how to teach English, so I wouldn't expect any major linguistic progress in the near future.

HANKEY said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
HANKEY said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Powered By Blogger