Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Weight Loss Goals

So I've decided that I definitely need to lose weight, and I need y'alls help. If I give myself goals and tell only me, then I'll never follow through with them. But if I tell someone, and y'all ask me how I'm doing and stuff, then I'll do them because I don't want to fail to others. So here are my goals and you have to help me with it.

1. Work out 3x/week

2. No eating after 9:30 p.m.
(time will move up over time, need to start small)
3. Eat moderate portions, "better"foods

4. Run 3x/week

5. Drink water, and plenty of it...at least 64oz./day
And probably the hardest one of all....

6. NO MORE COKES (unless it's a special occasion, or I really, really need one)


My end goal is to lose about 30 lbs. and fit comfortably into my size 10 jeans. Short term goal is do like Melissa said and lose 5 lbs. by Feb. 24. That can't be that hard right? It's like 1/2 lb. a day. I think it's doable, so I'm going to try. Wish me luck everyone.
-Samantha

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

FYI: One pound= 3500calories. So, to lose a pound you have to burn 3500 more calories than you consume. I am so proud of you and this new goal!!! Keep a diary... to chart your progress. I also read somewhere you should drink half your body weight in ounces of water a day. Ex. if you weigh 100 pounds drink 50 ounces. I know that's alot to do when you just start but it could be another goal. Then you should have an additional 8 ounces for every 1/2 hour you work out...but if you work out for more than one hour you should alternate water with something like poweraid. Ok that's enough...I'll leave you alone.

Anonymous said...

Ok so I broke my cell phone in half....going get a new one at lunch. I get out at 11 today. Please email me your # b/c i think I lost all of mine....mlalan1@lsu.edu

MaryRuth said...

I think those sound like such great goals!! I need to get my butt going too... I've lost some weight but i've started to stall again.... good luck! I know you can do it!! keep us posted!!

Powered By Blogger