Tuesday, December 06, 2005

My New House


Wow...it's been a while huh? I promise I'm going to get better at this, and it's going to get cooler too. But for now, this is it. So, those of you who don't know, back in September there was this crazy hurricane named Rita and it ripped right through my home town and distroyed everything. My family lost their house. I thought that I didn't have many things left at home, but the more I think about it the more I did. My family has been living in a camper trailer for the past few months in front of my aunt's house in Lake Charles. Recently they purchased a house. Isn't that cool? We got a new house. It's only temporary though. My dad plans on rebuilding in Cameron in a year or two, but for now they have a place to call home. It'll still be some time before they move in, but it might be sooner than later because a nice group of people from Salt Lake are coming down this weekend to put a new roof on the house and help out with some other stuff. How nice is that? My mom said I'll be spending most of my Christmas break painting rooms, but I think it will be worth it. When I get my digital camera (yes, I am getting one!) I'll post of picture of my new house. For now, I'll show you a picturs of what my old one looks like now.
-Samantha

No comments:

Powered By Blogger